The absolute, #1, very first thing to do to promote your YouTube channel? Optimize your account. That’s right – we are talking 100% best practices, natural, organic YouTube SEO.
Think the only way to promote your YouTube channel is via paid ads and otherwise premium methods? This is one time you are going to love being wrong.
The truth is, you can go a long way toward growing and promoting your YouTube channel, without paying a dime. Yes, it takes some work. Yes, it takes some time. And yes, there will be some research and some trial-and-error involved. But, it’s very possible and you are very capable. And, the tips below will get you started.
Beyond the super basics – for example, choosing the right YouTube category and beefing up your contact details to provide everything that’s asked – there are a few things you can do to boost the Search engine optimization (SEO) of your YouTube channel:
- Establish brand identity: In everything you do, everywhere online (and in person), build your brand identity. That way, if someone googles you, they will be sure to hit upon your YouTube channel. And, once they have found you, you want to be sure that your brand identity remains consistent: the same logos, colors, fonts, images, and other elements, across your YouTube.
- Write a channel description: And make it awesome. This is your opportunity to not only tell YouTube who you are and what you do, but also to infuse personality into the very first thing some people will see, when they happen upon your channel. Be sure to wow them!
- Upload a channel trailer: You have seen trailers before; they are the auto-play videos that grab a first-time (or unsubscribed) viewer’s attention. Make one – and make sure to punch it up with lots of your brand personality and content – and then, let it reel in new subscribers.
- Optimize video titles + descriptions: Think Google doesn’t pay attention to video? Google loves video and, while its spiders can’t [yet] crawl every word of your video content, you would better bet they are reading your video titles and descriptions. So, be sure to optimize them for the keywords that count.
Read More: Do You Have…..The Real Secret TO MAKING MONEY IN 2019? Click Here To Get Instant Access…..
- Tag, tag, and tag some more: Because tags make your videos more accessible to the search engines.
See Also: There’s A PATH To Take You From: $0-$1 Million…..This Is NOT Like Any Other Event! The Life You Want, The Marriage You Want… The Family That You Want, Is Going To Be Fueled By The Business You Build… You Are Just One Funnel Away….. Funnel Hacking LIVE 2020… Reserve Your 2020 FHL Tickets Now
- Engage: There’s no hard-and-fast policy but as a general rule, videos that have higher engagement rates (ex. lots of comments) also rank higher in search.
With everything you do, keep keywords and key phrases in mind. What will people search for, when they want to find a channel or content like yours? Think creatively. Mind-map. Then, sprinkle those keywords and phrases into all your content opportunities, above.