A peptic ulcer is an open sore. They are usually found in the lining of the stomach, esophagus, or upper small intestine. Ulcers that occur in the stomach are called gastric ulcers. Ulcers that occur in the upper area of the small intestine, which is called the duodenum, are called duodenal ulcers.
What Causes Ulcers?
No single cause has been found for ulcers. However, it is now clear that an ulcer is the end result of an imbalance between digestive fluids in the stomach and duodenum. Ulcers can be caused by:
- Infection with a type of bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori (H. Pylori)
- Use of painkillers called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin, naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprosyn, and others), ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Midol, and others), and many others available by prescription. Even safety-coated aspirin and aspirin in powered form can frequently cause ulcers.
- Excess acid production from gastrinomas, tumors of the acid producing cells of the stomach that increases acid output (seen in Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
What Are the Symptoms of an Ulcer?
An ulcer may or may not have symptoms. When symptoms occur, they may include:
- A gnawing or burning pain in the middle or upper stomach between meals or at night
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dark or black stool (due to bleeding)
- Vomiting blood (that can look like “coffee-grounds”)
- Weight loss
- Severe pain in the mid to upper abdomen
How Serious Is an Ulcer?
Though ulcers often heal on their own, you shouldn’t ignore their warning signs. If not properly treated, ulcers can lead to serious health problems, including:
- Perforation (a hole through the wall of the stomach)
- Gastric outlet obstruction from swelling or scarring that blocks the passageway leading from the stomach to the small intestine.
Taking NSAIDs can cause any of the above symptoms without warning. The risk is especially concerning for the elderly and for those with a prior history of having peptic ulcer disease.
Who Is More Likely to Get Ulcers?
Women and older people are more likely to develop these ulcers. However, a recent study shows that young men are more likely to experience duodenal ulcers, while older women have more gastric ulcers. This has been linked to aspirin use.High intake of aspirin also increases risk.
Some experts believe that alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine use contribute to the prevalence of the ulcers. There is very little research to back this up. Still, most doctors agree that people already experiencing the ulcers should stay away from these substances.
Cancer patients can be at risk for these ulcers when undergoing radiation treatment or chemotherapy. The ulcers can sometimes go hand in hand with other infections. Conditions such as cystic fibrosis, hepatic cirrhosis, Crohn’s disease, and HIV can also cause them.If you’ve had an ulcer once, you are susceptible to having one again.You may be more likely to develop ulcers if you:
- Are infected with the H. pylori bacterium
- Take NSAIDs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen
- Have a family history of ulcers
- Have another illness such as liver, kidney, or lung disease
- Drink alcohol regularly
- Are 50 years old or older
How Are Ulcers Diagnosed?
Your doctor may be able to determine if you have an ulcer just by talking with you about your symptoms. However, to confirm the diagnosis one of several tests should be taken. First, your doctor may ask you to take an acid-blocking medication, such as those used to treat heartburn, for a short period of time to see if symptoms improve.
If needed, your doctor may recommend a procedure called an upper endoscopy. It involves inserting a small, lighted tube (endoscope) through the throat and into the stomach to look for abnormalities. This procedure is usually given if you are having severe symptoms of ulcers. Doctors will frequently treat for ulcers without confirming the diagnosis using endoscopy. If the cause is not likely to be from NSAIDs, then it is very likely to be from H. pylori. Many doctors will now test for and treat H. pylori, in addition to giving medications to reduce the symptoms.
How Are Ulcers Treated?
If not properly treated, ulcers can lead to serious health problems. There are several ways in which ulcers can be treated, including making changes to ones lifestyle, limiting dairy, taking medication, and/or undergoing surgery.
Lifestyle Changes to Treat an Ulcer. To treat an ulcer, first eliminate substances that can be causing the ulcers. If you smoke or drink alcohol, stop. If the ulcer is believed to be caused by the use of NSAIDs, they need to be stopped.Ulcer medications can include:
Proton pump inhibitors (PPI):Proton pump medications reduce acid levels and allow the ulcer to heal. They include Prilosec, Prevacid, Aciphex, Protonix, Zegerid, Dexilant, and Nexium.
Antibiotics. If you have H. pylori infection, then antibiotics are used. There are multiple combinations of antibiotics that are taken for one to two weeks along with a PPI. Pepto-Bismol is also part of some treatment regimens.
Upper endoscopy: Some bleeding ulcers can be treated through an endoscope.
Surgery: Sometimes an operation is needed if the ulcer has created a hole in the wall of the stomach or if there is serious bleeding that can’t be controlled with an endoscope.
Will Drinking Milk Help Cure an Ulcer?
No. In fact, milk can make an ulcer worse. Milk provides brief relief of ulcer pain because it coats the stomach lining. But milk can also stimulate the stomach to produce more acid and digestive juices, which can aggravate ulcers.
How Can I Prevent Ulcers?
To reduce the risk of developing ulcers:
- Don’t smoke.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Don’t overuse aspirin and/or NSAIDs.
If you have symptoms of an ulcer, contact your health care provider. But for the matter of fact the truth will always be that nature has the best for everything in our life. We would advice for you to take control of your ulcer problem by using the following dietary supplements of Forever Living Products:
Aloe Vera Gel – The miraculous aloe leaf has been found to contain more than 200 compounds. A product of our patented aloe stabilization process, our gel is favored by those looking to maintain a healthy digestive system and a natural energy level.
Forever Active Probiotic®
– uses an exclusive, patented encapsulation technology that protects the probiotics then releases a unique combination of six beneficial strains of microbes. It is the only shelf-stable, 6-strain probiotic on the market today that requires no refrigeration. And what’s great about Forever Active Probiotic® is that it works in tandem with our patented Aloe Vera.
Forever Bee Propolis®
supports the body’s natural defenses. When we think of bees, honey and pollen are usually the first things that come to mind. However, there’s another powerful substance that bees play an integral role in, propolis.
Propolis has a 5000 year old historyand has demonstratedits ability to fight germs. The Assyrians used propolis to heal wounds and tumours, while the Greeks used it for abscesses. One of the most effective natural antibiotics ever, bee propolis helps to maintain excellent health by strengthening our immune system. So effective are the antibacterial, antiviral and antiparasitic properties of propolis, that the interior of a beehive is many more times germ-free than the most sterile of operating theatres. One particularly potent bacterium called MRSA, against which no other antibiotic seem to be very effective, is extremely sensitive to propolis. Forever Living’s Bee Propolis is gathered from pollution-free high desert regions. To further assure purity, patented bee propolis collectors are used. Our Bee Propolis is 100% natural with no added artificial preservatives, colourings or flavourings. It is also an excellent natural food form, loaded with nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, and a rich supply of other elements in trace amounts.
Forever Lycium Plus®
is a dietary supplement containing antioxidants, bioflavonoids and other beneficial phytonutrients. It is a fruit used in ancient China for centuries, lycium has been shown to enhance the complexion and help maintain energy and good vision.
Forever Field of Greens
– With today’s busy lifestyles and the convenience of fast food, we all too often neglect eating fresh, green foods. Forever Living Products® provides a simple solution to “convenience eating” in Fields of Greens®.
– Garlic and thyme, the two powerful antioxidants found in Forever Garlic-Thyme®, combine to create a great tool in maintaining good health. When garlic is cut or crushed, enzymes react to produce a powerful immune-enhancing agent.
So What Makes This Product Safe to Use and Why Would I Even Recommend It To You?
The products has the prestigious Kosher Seal (which makes it acceptable to the Jews. The Jews don’t take anything that isn’t 100% natural. Infact, they don’t even take bread with yeast! They believe in no additives.
It has other seals including the Halal and Islamic seals as well. (These are Seals of highest form of purity including our own NAFDAC in Nigeria).
I AM NOW CONVINCED
HOW MUCH IS THIS SPECTACULAR PACK
We Pride Ourselves In Confidentiality Which Is Why You Need To Follow The process Below To Place Your Order
You will only pay when this product has been physically brought down to you face-to-face by our courier company.
Send These Details:
1. Your Full Name
2. Your Full House or Office Address
3. Your Choice Date Of Delivery
4. Phone Number of the Recipient
5. Your email address
Once you sent in the Details. You Have Signified That You Want The Package To Be Delivered To You. You will Receive An SMS To Confirm Your Order.
ACT NOW…and start loving the rest of your life!
Wishing you the best of glowing good health,
The products listed above are all products from Forever Loving Products. USA. The Information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge and is not substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Please consult your health care provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Note that the name of the pack used on this site is just for the promo, it is not a registered forever living PACK NAME.